Friday, July 10, 2009

Italy Spoils


Light ravioli served with zucchini, marrow and mushrooms lathered in rich creme sauce.


Perfect porch for a long lunch.

This beautiful porch was the setting for a mouth-watering lunch. The fresh bread was hard to put down as we waited. Sounds of children playing graced our table. Across the narrow street was a playground full of kids laughing, running and swinging. In the middle of July, the cool breeze prevented the red wine from making me too hot. The waitress quickly asked where we were from and when I replied Arkansas, she grabbed my arm and smiled saying, "Oh beautiful, America." By the time lunch arrived, the children were inside. The folded noodles were delicate and light in a heavy cream sauce. My hunger and palate were satisfied however I could not skip dessert after this wonderful tasting food. I order creme carmel. I always contest I do not like flan, but my plate was taken away empty of such protests.

As the waitress set down the bill, she asked, "Did you eat well?" I answered, "Yes, it was so good." She smiled, "I'm happy." If only she knew how happy I was to have a 2 hour meal devoid of any rush and of exquisite taste at only 15 euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment